Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Learning Objectives/Goals

Part of the Shakespeare class assignments is to achieve some basic learning outcomes. Here is my plan:

1. Gain "Shakespeare Literacy"
a. Breadth- Read Hamlet, a number of sonnets (let's say become very familiar with 6), read The Tempest, and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
b. Depth- Research, analyze, study, blog about one of the plays I read, not sure which one yet. And do the same plus memorize a sonnet or two.
c. Performance- I'm keep my ear to the ground to find out local performances that I can see, I really would like to see as many as I can, at least 2.
d. Legacy- I'll probably blog about what I learn as I progress through the semester. (Is that too weak?)

2. Analyze Shakespeare Critically
This will be done through a number of posts... focusing on the sonnets and plays that I choose to focus on.

3. Engage Shakespeare Creatively
Still working on this... I'm thinking of making some YouTube videos of performances of different scenes, but making it my own, doing something creative. In other words... TBD.

4. Share Shakespeare Meaningfully
This blog will do a good job of that, and I'll try and find some other ways to share Shakespeare.

Ohhhhh boy. So basically my plan looks pretty weak. I'll enhance it as I go along, for now I'll stick to my reading of Hamlet.