Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hub Post: Shakespeare's influence on modern literature

With my Shakespeare class, and this blog, I have really been able to use some freedom and study what I want to, in relation to Shakespeare. My topic of choice has been Shakespeare's influence on modern literature. I have specifically been looking at Shakespeare's influence on William Faulkner, however I am now going to turn my attention these last three weeks to what this all means. Here is a list of posts I have made throughout my preliminary research:

Here is a study of the biographical similarities between Faulkner and Shakespeare.

A comparison of Macbeth's soliloquy and The Sound and The Fury.

Character analysis of Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury.

A comparison of Shakespearean and Faulknerean (?) characters.

I recognize that I need to create better cohesion between my posts, and in turn my entire blog. As I finalize some of my research on Faulkner, and other modern literature that has been influenced by Shakespeare, I plan on creating more unity. So be looking for another Hub Post, and I'll update this one as well.