Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Zuckerberg

So I am still working on my play, Will and Will. One of the hardest things I am having to deal with is the dialect of the two Will's. I am a little more confident with Faulkner's dialect, however switching between him and Shakespeare's dialog when they are conversing has proven to be quite difficult. I am writing the play on a program, and am trying to find a way to post it cleanly on here, as soon as I do I'll post what I've got so far. Big thanks to everyone who has commented and helped me out!

Dr. Burton has been talking all semester about developing patterns and habits in our lives to continually learn. One of the best ways to do this is with peers, however, eventually we won't have classes to go to, and so social learning will be a strong alternative. This can be accomplished a number of ways, and social networking and blogging is a huge part of that. I have enjoyed learning how to learn and how to document my learning here on my blog.

Mark Zuckerberg came to visit BYU last week and had a lot to share. One of the most important things that I took away was that Mr. Zuckerberg thinks. And he thinks differently than most people. He seems like one of those people that is constantly analyzing different situations, ideas and processes. He looks for ways to improve the world and to improve his company.

He is obviously a great example of learning socially, something that I can strive for.